Here’s A-Trak hosting and mixing for the September edition of Fools Gold Radio.
Fool’s Gold Radio - September 2011 Mix by A-Trak
1. Kid Gloves “Music Power” (A-Trak Edit) (Fool’s Gold)
2. The Rapture “How Deep Is Your Love” (A-Trak Remix) (DFA)
3. Dusky feat. Janai “Lost In You” (T. Williams Remix) (Anjunadeep)
4. Lee Foss “Run Around” (Hot Creations)
5. Blawan “Getting Me Down”
6. Cassius “The Sound of Violence” (Luciano Remix) (Cassius Records)
7. Justin Martin and Ardalan “LAZGO” (Dirtybird)
8. Australia “Chopper” (Twin Turbo)
9. Birdy Nam Nam “Goin’ In” (Noob Remix) (Savoir Faire)
10. Lil Silva “Cheese and Bun” (Good Years)
11. Crookers, Style of Eye and Carli “That Laughing Track”
12. Para One and Das Glow “Pulsar” (Marble)
13. Eats Everything “Entrance Song” (Pets Recordings)
14. Hijack and Brabe “Boogie” (Jack Union)
15. Fred Falke “Look Into Your Eyes” (Work It Baby)
16. Kidnap Kid “If” (Squelch and Clap)
17. Unknown “Sicko Cell”
18. Lando Kai “Further” (Hotflush Recordings)
19. Sharooz “Hysteresis” (La Bombe)
20. Tommy Trash “Future Folk” (Musical Freedom)
21. Cubic Zirconia “Take Me High” (Fool’s Gold)
Gauntlet Hair is set to release their first LP on October 18th, 2011. I’m still fairly surprised that they haven’t gained much attention as I initially thought they would. Tracks like “I Was Thinking” still blow me away to this day. You really don’t get that much from a band who still doesn’t even have an album. They have such a monstrous sound that it reminds me of bands like Explosions in the Sky, but with a flair of their own ringing sound that can only be described as captivating. Take a listen below.
Gauntlet Hair “Keep Time”
“Bedroom Eyes,” the first proper single off of Only In Dreams, will be released shortly in mp3 format and eventually as a 7″ with a dreamy b-side cover. It was the last song I wrote before we holed up in our LA practice space for two weeks before recording. It’s a special sort of confusion and frustration brought on by lack of sleep.
I remember reading the following poem by Dante Gabriel Rossetti as I saw trails and tripped out a bit before the pills finally kicked in.
Love within the context of insomnia and separation?
Kinda my thing
Dum Dum Girls - Bedroom Eyes by subpop